Saturday, March 31, 2012

My sculpting adventure...

This is my first attempt at sculpting and I must admit, it has been a blast.  It's not anything at all like I expected.  The video made it look so easy, but believe me, looks are deceiving.  It is complicated.  I had problems with cracking, problems putting the eyes on and when sanding I had to add more clay as I sanded to much clay off and started to see styrofoam.  It's really not as easy as I thought !!!
Through it all, I haven't given up and I'm going to make another one and I'm planning to take more classes.  If you want to try something new, I would recommend giving this a try.
Here is a picture of my Lapin after sanding.  I'm going to start painting next and then staining.  I'll be adding more pictures soon.  Stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment